In 1978, the District purchased the site now known as Harbor Terrace, intending for the land to be financially and physically supportive of District operations. With permits in place and a developer/operator identified the project is moving forward towards the conclusion of a development and lease agreement. The project timeline from signed lease to grand opening is a conservative 2 years. Once development is completed, Harbor Terrace will feature space for marine gear and boat storage, District uses and overnight accommodations, including the more rustic walk–in tent camping, to RV sites and self-contained cabins. The site will also feature commercial space and swimming pool. While maintaining its essential functions in support of coastal dependent uses, the project will also increase visitor access to the District and the coast, and provide revenue to further support District operations.
Read on for the most recent status update on the project.
Harbor Terrace Design Package by RRM Design Group - November 28, 2017
Additional information can be found on the tabs below.
- Notice of Final County Action / Coastal Development Permit; June 25, 2015
- Cabin / RV Cabin / Comfort Station (PDF)
- CDP application, March 2014 (PDF)
- Commercial Area Enlargement Plan (PDF)
- Conceptual Drainage Plan (PDF)
- Conceptual Grading Plan (PDF)
- Conceptual Utility Plan (PDF)
- Erosion Control Details (PDF)
- Fire Safety Plan (PDF)
- Harbor Terrace Notice of Public Hearing, January 27, 2015 NEW (PDF)
- Land Use Permit Plan (PDF)
- Land Use Permit Plan Architecture (PDF)
- Re-Submittal Cover (PDF)
- Red Tail Acquisitions, LLC Proposal
- San Luis Bay Area Plan (PDF)
- 2003 Port Master Plan